Thursday, December 24, 2020

Stephenson Christmas Letter 2020





This is our second year in St George. I look back at this year and feel so much gratitude. With all the chaos happening in the world today, I realize we are so blessed to have found this unique oasis to live our lives mostly normal. It has not been without its ups and downs but we are happy. What an amazing thing that is to be able to say. 


What will we as a family remember from 2020? I took a trip to Hawaii with one of my best friends, we actually came back the first few days everything shut down.  Which means we were not prepared for the toilet paper shortage! But we had so much fun and I’m so glad we were able to have this amazing vacation on one of the last weeks people were traveling. 


My secretary job at the resort ended in April as many resorts closed down. But then my job working for a paddle board company took over for the rest of the summer. If you could describe the perfect job for me, this is it. I’m the Marketing Manager for Dig Paddlesports. Not only do I do their social media, I plan and run the events, teach SUP Pilates, instruct beginner paddle board clinics and basically live on the lake until October. I work for the best owners, work with a stellar group of teens and can’t wait for spring. 


Gyms kept going here so I have also been blessed to keep teaching fitness classes. When gyms were at a lower capacity I taught classes on zoom or outdoors. My MS for the most part has been so much better here with all the sunshine I get. I just went through a big relapse but I’m on the uphill of the battle. 


Our only big family trip was Yellowstone cabin again this year. This time with my sister in law Angie, Joe and kids. My MS kicked in with the elevation but we made the best of it. Unfortunately that also means it was probably our last year. I'm really pushin for a beach house vacation. We have created some great memories over the years at the cabin. 


Eric has been busy as ever. He was already working from home so the adjustment to keep working from home wasn’t a big one. The trips to Salt Lake for court have cut way down, so he’s not traveling as much. He bought his dream SUV that could carry his Kayak and all our gear. Then I decided it really needs to be mine since I drive more. He still calls it “his” car.  It’s fine. 


Reagan and Anthony live in Albuquerque, NM. Reagan is coaching gymnastics and Anthony is busy with his art. We were so happy Reagan and Anthony could come to St George for Father’s Day. It had been nearly a year since we were able to see them and have all the girls together. I definitely don’t like having our kids so spread out. Reagan and Anthony are also the proud dog parents of Clemantine. 


Nicki moved home this past March. We love having Nicole here. She works from home with her art work and is a full time big sister. She’s such a huge help to me picking up Ava from school and running half my errands while I work a busy schedule. All my kids have this quick witted humor, they keep laughing all the time. Nicole is funny, I mean really funny and with a heart of gold. 


Madison is in Salt Lake with her boyfriend, John. She got baptized by fire into adulthood. Between the earthquakes and working at a hospital during Covid, she really has had a lot for an 18 year old. Madison is still teaching dance and doing online college classes.  


Ava is a Junior in High School. She loves photography and sports. After many years of knee pain, she finally had surgery to fix all her knee issues. I’ve missed my hiking partner and hope we are in full hiking mode by spring. We hate to admit it but we are that family that watches the Bachelor/Bachelorette together.  We hope its educational for all things NOT to do dating. Or we are the worst parents ever. Ava keeps us on our toes. Something about the last kid that makes you want to enjoy every little moment and not take time for granite. 


We hope this holiday season brings you peace. Our hearts and prayers have gone out to those suffering with poor health, loss of jobs and isolation. I pray the love of Christ will be the guiding influence and light as we head into a new year.  We wish you a Merry Christmas


Love, 

The Stphenson’s


No comments:

Post a Comment