Sunday, June 21, 2015

It's All Your Fault!


"Its all your fault"  my daughter says.  The wide range of things that seem to be my fault is consistently getting larger.  It's my fault they got a bad grade, lost their homework, late to school, late to dance practice, can't find cheer shoes , can't find socks, can't find food, missing books, missing keys, no groceries (ok that is my fault.)  Actually I'm flattered that I seem to hold  the power to know where all things are.  Somewhere along the way my children believe I can see back in time and into the future.  That I have logged in my brain where they last left anything they own.  

We as moms have a secret, it's called professional guessing.  I can guess where you last left your cheer uniform, probably guess your socks are dirty and  you ate all the food.  I don't mind taking the heat, I am the safest outlet for all my girls frustrations. My doors are open morning, noon and night. However girls seem to have the height of emotions no matter how big or small the issue at hand is. There are tears over a lost phone, tears over fights with friends and tears over not finding the right outfit to wear!  There are moments when you are a loss of how to help your teen because the overwhelming amount of tears coming from your child is that of a 2 year old that just dropped its ice cream cone onto cement.  There is no consoling, its like waiting in line for a Disney ride and you are trying to figure out if there is a fast pass.  Wouldn't that be awesome?   A ticket for your teen that says "come back at 2:30"  the line to rationalization will be shorter.  

Someday my girls will see what is really my fault.  It's my fault they can make decisions on their own, my fault they graduated high school and hopefully college.  My fault they pick themselves up when life knocks them down.  And definitely my fault to know God is the center of all.  Someday they will be mothers and it will all be their fault.    







No comments:

Post a Comment